Developer, Big Commerce
Hyderabad, TG, TS, India
| Information Technology
| ID: REQ-13072
Hyderabad (SAL) IN
Job Posting Title
Developer, Big Commerce
Looking for a self-motivated BigCommerce Associate Developer who can work closely with the team to digitally transform GE Appliances’ strategic applications and enable the organization to better compete in an economic landscape that's constantly changing as technology evolves. Consult and partner with Functional IT teams in meeting the emerging customer demands in the areas of AI/AR/ML and create unique business value. Thrive in a DevOps model thorough with continuous integration, delivery and deployment and take full advantage of the cloud.
What you will Do
- Work closely with the Tech lead and manage all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Developing & Migrating other E-commerce sites on BigCommerce platform.
- Should be able to work on high- functioning e- commerce websites with customized modules.
- Extending BigCommerce functionalities to next level
- Integrating third party and platform supported apps in the sites
- Optimizing page speed of BigCommerce Sites
- Setting up payment integration, shipping methods and taxes in BigCommerce platform.
- Building out custom BigCommerce themes and modifying pre-existing themes depending on the scope of the project.
- Working Experience on BigCommerce Platform along with exposure towards application development.
- Transforming complex PSD layouts into pixel-perfect presentation layer HTML5/CSS3 templates
- Good understanding of responsive web design techniques.
- Working with version control systems such as GIT / SVN
- Working under tight deadlines
- Producing high-quality work with a strong focus on detail
- Good ability in analyzing, fixing bugs and improving application performance.
- Professional level knowledge of BigCommerce Stencil framework (handlebars, front matters etc)
- Comfortable working with Storefront APIs and Stencil util-APIs
- Working knowledge of STYLA integration in BigCommerce platform.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, Java Script, AJAX and integration using REST service.
- Exposure to object-oriented design and design patterns
- Implement appropriate design / integration patterns to promote code re-usability
- Employ strong coding standards for efficiency, readability, and reuse and participate in code review practices to ensure secure and good quality of the deliverables
- A thorough understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- A positive and upbeat attitude with the ability to learn quickly
- Must be a self-starter be able to work with no/minimum supervision.
- Proactive personality with a proven track record of following through and delivering on responsibilities
What you need to Succeed
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited university or college.
- 3-5 years IT experience and 1-2 years of experience in BigCommerce/ any eCommerce website development.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and ticketing systems such as JIRA
- Expert level knowledge of BigCommerce Stencil framework (handlebars, front matters etc)
- Comfortability working with Storefront APIs and Stencil util-APIs
- BigCommerce certification (preferred)
- AWS certification (preferred)
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong communication and ability to operate in matrix environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team-based environment
- Passion for identifying opportunities and driving change
- Focus on opportunities to automate processes through technology
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Critical thinking skills
- Adaptive to change
- Team player and strong Interpersonal skills
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social