· Provide functional EHS leadership and technical expertise to the site Operations team to support business needs based on compliance requirements, business risk profile, change management needs, and performance objectives.
· Utilize engineering controls to eliminate hazards that cause or have the potential to cause injuries and incidents.
· Assist operational team in annual self-assessment of GEA EHS Management System elements.
· Deliver simple, strong, and sustainable compliance and risk management solutions that are integrated in daily site operations and business lean enterprise strategy.
· Support development and implementation of the site-specific injury reduction and EHS risk management plan including specific actions, owners, and due dates. Work with the EHS Leader to integrate the actions required to achieve sustainable injury reduction results in the site’s operational excellence goals and metrics.
· Support execution of annual site EHS training plan. Ensure timely delivery of training including new regulations and standards.
· Under the direction of the EHS Leader, work with stakeholders (e.g., project leaders) to complete contractor safe work plans lock out tag out assessments, and new equipment reviews, which may require travel to the equipment manufacturer. As well as facilitating and leading safety improvements of the facilities using internal skilled trades groups and or contracted companies
· Respond to employee requests for EHS assistance and evaluation and follow through to implement immediate and longer-term corrective actions.
· Participate in site incident investigations (e.g., injuries, fires, spills) to ensure causal factors are identified, prevention steps are taken and validated, and lessons learned are shared and leveraged in a timely manner.
· Use data analytics to analyze trends and identify site opportunities that may not be readily visible using only anecdotal levels of feedback. Learn how to use the business EHS management system (i.e., Gensuite).
· Support ergo-related first aid/recordable investigations by providing ergonomic assessments and corrective actions.
· Work cooperatively with engineering, lean, quality, and other stakeholders to develop and implement feasible design and process solutions for ergonomic issues.
· Educate plant team members (i.e., Team Leaders (TL), ABLs, safety reps, Kaizen Performance Officers (KPO), and KPS) on essential ergonomics-risk recognition.
Culture and Communication:
· Drive a collaborative, problem-solving culture that supports open reporting and sustainable achievement of business results.
· Facilitate and lead operations-based safety meetings presenting pertinent information. While guiding the team to implement safe, sustainable, proactive solutions to everyday risks.
· Provide excellent customer service and be a technical resource for the operations team to ensure compliance with regulatory and GE requirements. Respond to questions and/or concerns with timely, accurate responses.
· Work with the site operations team to drive a culture of problem resolution and execute initiatives in the site’s annual EHS operating plan.
Management Systems and Compliance:
· Implement EHS management systems, processes, and procedures to achieve sustainable compliance and business performance results. Integrate EHS management tools in the lean enterprise operating processes. Drive for solutions that address both short-term operational risks and long-term environmental liability management.
· Drive standardization across the operation for management of change and high-risk processes including but not limited to overhead cranes, lock out tag out, and ergonomics
· Ability to identify problems accurately, develop appropriate alternatives, and work in a team-based environment to implement practical and effective solutions in a timely manner.
· Ability to provide clear, concise, and effective written and verbal communication.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and manage concurrent assignments.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team environment and influence/drive change.
· Proven record of problem solving, results and accomplishments.
· 2 years of EHS experience - implementing environmental, safety, and or ergonomics compliance programs.
· Strong knowledge of OSHA, DOT HMT, EPA regulations.
· Knowledge and application of the principals of LEAN manufacturing, and six sigma.
· Advanced computer skills.
· Audit experience or qualifications, Certified Industrial Hygienist, and/or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager.
· Degree preferred in Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Science, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering, Human Factors, Humanology, Kinesiology or a minor in Ergonomics or related discipline/experience
· Emergency Response experience a plus
· ASP or CSP is highly desired
Travel may be required: up to 20% max.
Hours & Weekends: Working off-shift and weekends may be required.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.