This job posting is no longer active.
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Quality Floor Leader (3rd Shift)
The Quality Floor Leader owns, executes and ensures compliance to the factory floor Quality Operating System. Monitors scrap data, End Of Line Audit process and audit rate, escalates issues as needed and manages Union based Quality team. The candidate will be responsible for the overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) of the DC torque control systems, the user interface test system, and the functional testing areas. A strong candidate will be capable of: identifying, correcting, and preventing nonconforming testing events on the designated production line(s).
What you will Do
- Live, promote and teach the Appliance Production System philosophy and drive continuous improvement in the technical process areas.
- Lead & direct Union based Quality Analysts to ensure compliance of the Quality Plan. Ensure processes and testing are performed according to the MCP/MCI/visual standards and data collected as prescribed.
- Supervise employees by partnering with site Human Resources team to ensure fair and consistent administration of policies and processes.
- Create and update standardized work for Quality roles which includes but is not limited to: Manufacturing Control Plans (MCPs), Manufacturing Control Instructions (MCIs), Forms (FRMs), visual Aids and Quality Alerts.
- Areas to audit: Changeovers, new operators, Critical To Quality jobs, Priority Part jobs, test and repair procedures, embargo effectiveness.
- Serve as a primary escalation resource to quality issues. Support Quality Tech’s, Shop Operations, Team Leaders, and operators on resolution of issues such as acceptance standards, repair standards and containment of issues.
- Support countermeasures and escalate specification issues to address concerns. Make decisions in times of differing opinions as to what is the appropriate standard and deploy corrective and preventative actions, as required.
- Manage Quality team to ensure timely accounting of rejects and scrap into QA system.
- Analyze scrap reports to make sure they’re entered and to identify things that need to be addressed. Provide technical support and guidance to troubleshoot, analyze and drive actions to improve process yields and reduce scrap using Lean Six Sigma.
- Collaborate with factory operations to achieve and exceed product quality targets for: first pass yield (FPY), scrap, SCR, and other cost of quality (COQ) metrics.
- Analyze Test Loop results data and lead corrective actions necessary to maintain FPY
- Understand DC gun rundown traces to deploy parameter optimization for process improvement and waste elimination.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree with problem solving experience
- 5 years’ of demonstrated success in manufacturing quality disciplines
- Solid verbal/written communication skills coupled with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong project management and analytical/problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to scope and analyze cross-functional problems to generate/implement solutions
- Experience interpreting data to solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment
- Computer proficiency and skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- High initiative, self-starter, proactive, dedicated, results oriented, and a team player
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Six Sigma Certified
- Quality leadership experience
- Experience & training in lean manufacturing practices
- Experience in appliance or similar high-volume manufacturing processes
- Experience in leading union based employeesFamiliarity with regulatory or notified bodies for quality management systems: E.g. ISO, TUV, etc.
- High-volume manufacturing environment.
- This environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to eye safety glasses, hearing protecting, work boots, and hardhats.
- This role will require frequent walking in a manufacturing plant environment.
- Travel is limited but trips to other manufacturing locations, may be scheduled.
- Hours & Weekends: Working off-shift and weekends may be required.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.