USA, New Haven, CT
Stamford (CoCreate) CT US
Job Posting Title
At GEA Appliances, we are creators, thinkers, and makers who believe that anything is possible and that there's always a better way. We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join us at our innovative CoCreate office in Stamford, CT! Our CoCreate office is centered around crafting a space for education, innovation, and inspiration, to create world class products and experiences for our community. In this role, you will be directly responsible for the strategic management and execution of all aspects of receiving, warehousing, distribution, shipping, purchasing/sourcing, production, and inventory control operations in an agile, fast paced manufacturing environment. The Manufacturing Engineer will also assist the Manufacturing Leader in coaching and developing hourly production team members to achieve high performance in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
What you will Do
- Promote a culture of safety and compliance, ensuring the observation of safety precautions and safe work methods by all personnel, including behavior-based safety observations, safety meetings, safety audits, and 5S housekeeping standards.
- Lead material flow and strategy deployment for all material related initiatives.
- Proactively drive continuous improvement materials programs, utilizing Lean methodologies and practices.
- Responsible for the overall inventory management process emphasizing reduced inventory levels and increased inventory turns.
- Work closely with Operations, ERP and Lean teams to identify and address Materials issues related to process improvements and accuracy.
- Review and calculate safety stock and economic order quantities.
- Responsibility for driving 95% inventory accuracy.
- Responsible for inventory portion of financial reviews; generate and maintain on-going inventory project deck to drive inventory reductions.
- Successfully manage multiple priorities without direct supervision.
- Ensure all company-required tools, programs and management systems are properly implemented and that documentation required to support programs and management systems are comprehensive and up-to-date.
- Complete required reports timely and accurately.
- Benchmark and share best practices across GE Appliances.
- Ensure the products produced within the entire value stream operation are defect-free and produced according to specifications.
- Monitor manufacturing processes, data & reports daily and drive the resolution or escalation for any issues.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders to address and solve delivery issues (i.e., Team Leader, engineering, manufacturing, transportation, quality).
- Monitor scrap and downtime data/reports to drive resolution of issues and work projects to prevent future issues
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, engineering or other relevant field of study.
- Excellent presentation skills and solid verbal/written communication skills.
- 1 Year of Engineering Experience
- Initiative and ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks.
- Strong systems experience and capabilities, including MRP/ERP systems and MS Word/Excel.
- Strong planning/forecasting capabilities; experience in production control, forecasting, master scheduling and Lean initiatives.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Detailed and proficient in data analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and collaborate among multiple functional stakeholders.
- Customer focus, high energy and aggressive approach to issues.
- Prior experience in managing change, implementation of new processes.
- Understanding and prior usage/application of Lean manufacturing principles.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.