LaFayette(GEA) GA US
Other TN US
Job Posting Title
Senior Machinist-CNC Programmer/Model Maker
Support Engineering Pre-Production builds of new product designs, making prototype parts and assemblies as required. The Senior Model Maker supports Engineering projects with the design, laying out and metal fabrication of parts using machine shop equipment in a climate controlled facility located in LaFayette, GA.
This individual will generate CNC part programs using 3D models and engineering drawings. Should be able to operate the following: 3 & 5 axis CNC machining centers, CNC press brake, 3 axis laser systems, lathe, standard milling machine, surface grinder, plus standard machine shop equipment. Working environment requires high accuracy with very close tolerances. Requires working knowledge of geometric tolerances and will inspect completed work with a variety of measuring equipment such as height gages, micrometers, dial indicators and CNC coordinate machine.
Must have working knowledge of CAD/CAM software including, but not limited to, Windchill/CREO, MasterCAM, RhinoCAM, BobCAD Etc.
What you will Do
- Perform operations necessary to machine, form, fabricate or otherwise complete prototype parts or assemblies for engineering models using engineering drawings.
- Work proactively with Engineering & Manufacturing teams to execute build plans per schedule
- Give feedback to engineers on part design, layout, manufacturability, and functionality
- Fabricate jigs, fixtures and dies to produce parts
- Uses precision measuring devices such as height gauges, micrometers, calipers and dial indicators to verify conformance of parts to specifications.
- Rework/modify existing parts from marked-up drawings
- Operate in a global team environment
- Take ownership and initiative to complete assignments with minimal supervision
- Maintain neat, safe, and orderly work area
- Maintain in-house shop equipment
- Participate in all team activities
What you need to Succeed
-Minimum 1-4+ years of experience using machine tools and/or metalworking experience in model shop/job shop.
Must be able to perform metalworking functions using CNC power brake, 3 axis Laser systems, 3 and 5 axis machining centers, conventional milling machines, resistance/spot welders, MIG & TIG welders, plasma cutters, grinders, presses, lathes, press brakes, saws, drill presses, and other machine shop equipment. Ability to program and run a laser system is desired, ability to use and understand Pro-Engineering, SolidWorks, Rhino-CAM, MasterCam, BobCAD, CAD and CNC machine code desired. Windows based computer experience (Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook) desired.
- Ability to read and use blueprints, sketches and drawings required.
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM software including, but not limited to, Windchill/CREO, MasterCAM, RhinoCAM, BobCAD Etc.
- Working environment requires high accuracy with very close tolerances.
- Must be able to perform basic algebra, geometry and trigonometry for machinists.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.
- Exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Near visual acuity and accommodation are required for reading machine dial gauges, blueprints, and precision measuring instruments used in the inspection of parts.
- Excellent leadership skills with a strong sense of ownership and urgency to resolve issues
- Strong Communication Skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to plan and execute tasks on time
High school diploma or GED required.
A diploma in Machine Tool Technology or CNC Technology preferred, however consideration shall be given to candidates with trade school, vocational education, apprenticeship, or equivalent work experience (four years preferred).
Note: Equivalent combinations of education and experience that provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be evaluated on an individual basis.
The employee is subject to high noise levels from operating machines, physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts, breathing fumes, dust and mist and skin exposure to oils and cutting fluid. Must work overtime, flexible hours and any shift as needed.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.