Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-13179
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
GEA’s Central Metrology team’s goal is to be recognized as the leader in digital dimensional quality. We want to innovate, educate, and execute the latest 3D metrology methods and GD&T to the GEA cross functional teams. As a Metrology Technician, you will support the digital dimensional transformation of our production facilities.
What you will Do
- Act as a metrology resource for NPI programs. Assist the teams in the creation and execution of PPAP Polyworks part templates (CMM & Scanning). Support the development of new fixturing and measurement plans. Train engineers and requestors as to the capabilities of the 3D measuring equipment in the labs.
- Identify preferred metrology strategies and best practices to ensure robust inspection hardware, software, and gages are in place for production.
- Leverage 3D metrology tools to push fast root cause analysis, and to study and validate parts, tooling, and equipment through the product development process to achieve world-class quality and craftsmanship.
- Help develop and enforce standard work and manufacturing quality standards related to the application of dimensional management and 3D metrology in our labs.
- Support central metrologies data storage / communication process – DataLoop and the ADS drive.
- Assist the metrology team in the execution of the work order process by managing daily project status meetings.
- Promote a culture of innovation and learning through development of new measurement technology, processes, and external collaborations and benchmarking.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar.
- 3+ years of experience with Metrology Engineering or Dimensional Engineering.
- Experienced in 3D metrology and model-based inspection methods using CMM, structured light scanning, laser, CT x-ray, or measuring arm.
- Experienced in conducting dimensional analysis of parts and assemblies using 3D metrology data from scanning, CMM, using Polyworks inspection software or similar.
- Experience using inspection software such as PolyWorks, GOM ATOS, or similar.
- Experienced in automotive quality processes including applying and leveraging the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process per the AIAG Standard.
- Knowledge in part and assembly modeling using PTC Creo and Windchill PLM.
- Experienced reading, interpreting, and applying Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5 GD&T Standard.
- Experienced the application of model-based definition, interpreting and defining inspection routines using GD&T based MBD annotations.
- Proficient in working with digital tools and CAD-based digital engineering software.
- Self-starter, innovative, eager to develop and implement new dimensional engineering tools and practices.
- Sound communication skills, ability to coach and mentor engineers in new tools and processes.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social